Benefits of Infrared Sauna
(Eucalyptus Steam Optional)
The benefits of Infrared Sauna include help with pain relief, weight loss, elimination of harmful toxins, boosting your immune system, clearing cellulite and improving your skin.
Effective Pain Relief
The deep heat of the Far Infrared Sauna helps blood vessels dilate, bringing pain relief to tight muscles and injuries. Increasing the circulation helps to remove waste products from the tissues and delivers oxygen rich blood to nourish tired muscles. In Japan, the Far Infrared Sauna has been used for decades in effectively providing pain relief for those suffering from:
- Back pain/stiffness
During your session, your heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate increase and improve overall cardiovascular fitness. You can burn up to 350 calories in just one 30 minute session! Detoxifying the body aids in overall weight loss. NASA concluded infrared passive exercise was the ideal way to keep astronauts fit during space flight.
Eliminate Harmful Toxins
Take the detoxifying load off your liver and kidneys by the direct elimination of toxins through the skin. Two to three times more sweat is produced in the far infrared sauna than is possible in conventional hot air saunas. Greater detoxification of heavy metals is achieved including lead, mercury, aluminum, cadmium, and fat-soluble toxins.
Boost Your Immune System
This radiant therapy may shorten your recovery time for colds and flus and improve the immune response. It is reported to stimulate the body's own natural healing processes.
Helps Clear Cellulite
The gel-like lumps of fat with trapped water and debris need increased circulation and heat in order to clear away the lumps. European beauty specialists routinely incorporate daily saunas in programs to reduce cellulite.
The profuse sweating achieved in the infrared Sauna carries off deeply imbedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and immaculately clean. Skin tone and elasticity are increased. The Infrared Sauna is known to improve:
- Rough spots (elbows and knees)
- Tone and elasticity
Listen to Workshops, Music, Practice Yoga Breathing
In the private sauna room you will find a choice of music, self improvement workshops and courses, meditations, selfhypnosis cds or prana yama yoga breathing exercises to enhance your healing experience.
Advantages of Infrared Sauna vs Traditional Sauna
Conventionally heated saunas heat the air and usually operate at temperatures ranging from 180F-190F. Heating the air takes a much higher heat in order to make you sweat. It is often unbearably hot and difficult to breath. Furthermore, the air only penetrates the walls of the skin, which creates nothing more than a surface sweat and does not reach deep down into the body's core.
On the contrary, Far Infrared Saunas operate effectively between 115F-135F, creating a warm and comfortable environment. This advantage is due to the Far Infrared energy waves that work off a process known as Direct Light Conversion. Direct Light Conversion is a phenomenon which only warms the object it focuses on and does not warm the free air surrounding it. Studies have shown that only 20% of the Far Infrared heat created in a sauna is lost into the air, leaving 80% to be absorbed by the body. The Infrared heat penetrates deep down into the body's core, creating a deep sweat, while also relaxing the muscles and internal organs.
The Infrared Advantages
The Far Infrared Sauna is safer than the traditional sauna because of lower temperatures especially for those with blood pressure or heart concerns. It causes two to three times more sweat to be produced and detoxifies quicker and more effectively. The Infrared Sauna is also much more comfortable.